Sunday, July 5, 2009

Because I promised...

We just got back from visiting Windy and Margo (who shall henceforth be referred to as "Fargo Margo," because it's funny, and she's a Dakotan, so there you go), who made me promise to blog more when we returned.

A fantastic time was had by all, and I'm sure I'll write a more substantial blog about it at some point, but two of my favorite moments were finally getting a brilliant smile and a big kiss from Ray, my gorgeous, wonderful godson, and this exchange:
Me (to my son): This is Ray. Ray was Mommy's godson before she had you. So it's kind of like you're related.
Storm: Yeah, because you're both white.
Every adult within earshot: *muffling hysterical laughter*

If you have the chance, go visit their crazy commune. There are kids and animals and toys and chaos everywhere, and it's incredibly, spectacularly fun. I never feel like a visit with them is long enough. But we don't want to move to Florida, and they don't want to move to Mississippi, so visits are just going to have to hold us for now.

Windy, Fargo Margo, I love you both. Thank you for sharing your house and your children and your friendship. You are absolute treasures, the both of you, and I'm proud to say I knew you when.

And now, I've got to go put my kid in the bath. He carried some Pensacola (god, I'm tired--that took me three tries to spell correctly) home in his ears.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Baby Yeah!

    Yes, you knew me when. . . when my ass was smaller, my boobs were bigger and my life hadn't yet begun.

    I adore you, Sweet Girl! Thanks for sticking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, Hi - Fargo Margo?

    L.O.V.E. I.T.

    Crack me up Sister

    Please come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at Storm's comment. I bet it is fun to hang with those ladies. Sounds like you had a good visit.

    ReplyDelete